ESPN.com

Friday, May 13, 2011

Final Book Post

After reading the book “Pumped” I have come to many conclusions about the subject. I have learned the serious dangerous of using steroids. For women, men and teenagers all can be at risk if they are using steroids and if done only once, they can still seriously harm their bodies and lead to extreme side effects. From reading about the subject I related it back to my project, and the question of high school students being tested for steroids. As I gained a better knowledge of the danger from using steroids my opinion only got stronger as I believe the test should be put in place. From reading this book I also learned about other drugs and their dangerous effects. By learning about these drugs I began to wonder if high school students should be tested for drugs as well as steroids. The number one goal in all this is to keep the kids safe and if we put steroid and drug test into high schools we can reach this goal. I have also discovered about addiction and tolerance which are two elements that can affect teenagers if they start to use drugs and steroids at a young age. With addiction kids are likely to keep using dangerous drugs and can seriously damage their bodies. Some kids and adults can also develop a tolerance, where they can move to more hazardous drugs because the simple steroid/drug does not satisfy to their needs. All the information I have learned from this book, has made me a bigger believer in testing for steroids and drugs in high school.  

No comments:

Post a Comment