ESPN.com

Monday, May 9, 2011

Pumped #1

The book I am reading is called Pumped by Cynthia Kuhn. Cynthia Kuhn is a researcher in pharmacology & psychology at Duke University Medical Center. This book is about steroids and the effects it has on the body. Others doctors’ such as Dr.Scott Swartzwelder, and Dr. Wilkie Wilson give their expert option on the topic. As I have started to read the book I am learning more on the negative side effects steroids can have on a person. The book elaborates on the potential harm risks that can happen to an adult who uses steroids but the dangers of teenagers are even worst. For my topic I chose the issue of testing steroids in high schools. From what I have learned from the book, it has made my opinion even stronger towards testing high school athletes. By being tested the teenagers can be prevented from using steroids and can save themselves from harmful risks. I also have learned potential reasons why people would use steroids and was surprised at how the media and professional sports had a great influence on usage.
                                                                                                          



                                                                                                               

No comments:

Post a Comment